Cannabis oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are probably the second most favorite edible you can make. There is something about the wholesome, homemade goodness combined with a buzz that makes people grin and grab another!
Note that the recipe calls for a cup of cannabutter. If you’re wondering where the marijuana comes in, cannabutter contains the cannabis, melted together with two sticks of butter. One of the most important tasks when making quality edibles is to activate the cannabis by heating it. It is called decarboxylating or decarbing. If you do not decarb the key ingredient, your edibles will not have enough THC in them and won’t get anyone buzzed.
Decarbing and infusing the cannabutter is not difficult and can be done in your own kitchen. Good activation requires patience and close attention to detail. First, decide just how potent you want your cookies to be. You can make cookies of different potencies in order to share with people with more or less experience with edibles.
All you need to do is make different batches of cannabutter and add them into selected bowls of cookie dough. You can make a recipe for 24 cookies, as this one is, or you can split it in half and make 12 cookies of strong potency and 12 cookies of lighter potency by splitting the batter in half into two bowls. Perhaps you prefer to double the recipe to make 24 cookies each of varying potency. It is important to remember that it is one cup of cannabutter per 24-cookie recipe – the butter is an important ingredient, as is the cannabis.
To make the cannabutter:
- Take a few flowers of your cannabis and tear them into smallish pieces.
- Put them on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put it in the oven and bake at 225 for 30 to 40 minutes, until the weed turns golden brown.
- Infuse the decarbed cannabis by putting it into a saucepan with two sticks of melted butter.
- Sauté the cannabis gently over a moderate heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the cannabutter is finished cooking, strain out the plant matter with a metal strainer, squeezing the plant bits and making sure you get all the cannabutter out of the pan. If you don’t strain the cannabis bits, the material can affect the cookies’ taste and texture.
- Now you can use the cannabutter as instructed in the recipe.
Another way to make quality cannabutter every time is to use LĒVO II, an infusion machine. It is easy to use and easy to clean, and the cannabutter is always perfect. All you need to do is place the cannabis into the Power Pod and press the activate button. LĒVO II will decarb the weed precisely as it should be decarbed. Then add butter or some other fat and let it infuse with the marijuana. You will still have to filter out the plant matter before adding the cannabutter to the recipe. LĒVO II can be used to infuse many kinds of herbs to make rich and tasty recipes. Cleaning LĒVO II is quick and easy – just put the parts into the dishwasher.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cannabutter Cookies
- 3 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Cannabutter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- To begin making your cannabis oatmeal cookies, make sure the softened cannabutter can be easily combined with dry ingredients. The cannabutter must be evenly distributed in the dough.
- In a mixing bowl, measure the white sugar and the brown sugar. Then add the eggs one at a time and stir in the vanilla. Mix these ingredients together until they are creamy.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients of flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add these dry ingredients to the creamy mixture and mix the oats and chocolate chips. Place this mixture in the refrigerator to chill for an hour.
- Now, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). It is important to either grease the cookie sheets or use parchment paper so the cookies will not stick to the cookie sheets. Roll a small amount of the cookie dough into a ball about the size of a golf ball, roughly 1.5 inches, then put each ball onto the cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Flatten each cookie with a fork or the bottom of a glass cup with the bottom coated in butter (you can dip the fork in sugar to give the cookies a sweeter taste).
- Put the cookie sheets into the preheated oven and bake for eight to ten minutes. Pull the cookie sheet out of the oven and let the cookies sit for five minutes on the sheets. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to allow them to cool further.
- Now you’re ready to enjoy a delicious buzz with your oatmeal chocolate chip cannabutter cookies.