Sugar cookies are one of America’s most popular sweet treats. Their mouthwatering aroma is irresistible and sure to conjure childhood memories of baking them at home and enjoying them fresh out of the oven. Sugar cookies are not only undeniably delicious but they are also effortless and quick to make.
This makes cannabis sugar cookies an excellent option for a beginner or anyone who wants a hassle-free recipe for a homemade ganja goodie. These easy, drop-style cookies take only 30 minutes to bake and require no fancy equipment. Moreover, you can feel free to jazz things up by adding M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, or other sweet candy bits.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
While cannabis sugar cookies are an excellent introduction for those new to the world of pot baking, there are a few important notes to keep in mind if you do not have much experience with edibles.
- Be careful with the potency – Even if you have smoked, vaped, or used topical marijuana products before consuming edibles, you may notice that consumption produces different effects. With this in mind, you may want to start with a small amount of cannabis in your butter. Start low and start slow.
- Be prepared for a delayed onset – You may have to wait 30 minutes to an hour or more before you start to feel the effects of the cannabis cookies. Sometimes, people new to edibles don’t realize there is a delayed onset and go for a second helping when they don’t immediately feel the effects of the first dose. This can sometimes be a rookie mistake. Be patient and prudent.
- Every person’s body is different – Every person has a unique endocannabinoid system that can significantly impact how edibles affect an individual. It is always best to start low and slow until you know how your body responds. If you give some cookies away to friends or as gifts, remember that their response to the cookies may vary from yours and remind them to start low and start slow, too.
Use LĒVO to Make the Process Even Easier
If you want to streamline the process infusing cannabis to make it even more efficient, you can use any of LĒVO’s infusion machines. They not only take the guesswork out of the proper temperature for your infusion but also offer a simple and odor-free way of decarbing your bud before the infusion begins. The LĒVO II, the LĒVO Lux, and the LĒVO C (excellent for larger batches) all have an “activate” or decarb feature that prepares the weed for the infusion process.
Try one of these machines now and see how simple and fun baking with cannabis can be!
Infused Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of cannabutter room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, cream the cannabutter and sugar together.
- Whisk the eggs and the vanilla into the creamed cannabutter and sugar.
- As you continually mix the liquid ingredients, begin to add in the dry ingredients until a dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into one-inch round balls and place them onto the baking sheets.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 10–12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven when they begin to get a slight bit of color and look slightly cracked across the center.
- Allow them to cool for one to two minutes and enjoy!
Dough balls of smaller sizes will require less bake time.
Adjusting the amount of cannabutter by using it along with regular butter can help you control your dose as needed.
For a vegan option, use your favorite egg replacement and infuse a vegan margarine or coconut oil. It’s important to note that liquid oils at room temperature will not work with this recipe.
More Edible Recipes to Try: