Infused recipes in general offer a great addition to the norm, but infused cookie recipes offer the perfect serving of sweet and stoned. If you are looking for a satisfying cookie recipe, consider cannabis chocolate chip cookies. They offer an easy, quick, and tasteful method of absorbing your favorite plant’s best properties (and cannabinoids).
Before you prepare the cookie batter, you will need to make a special ingredient: cannabis coconut oil.
To make cannabis-infused oil (or cannabutter), you need to decarboxylate the raw flower and then infuse the oil. Decarboxylating activates the psychoactive properties and cannabinoids turning THCa into THC.
If you already have a LĒVO II or LĒVO C, lucky you. You already know how easy it is to decarb AND infuse all in one machine. If you don’t yet have a LĒVO machine, go ahead and follow the oven/stove directions here, but be careful not to burn your flower! The oven method is also going to smell strongly of cannabis, so know that before you start and crack a window.
During the infusion process, the heated fatty substance facilitates the activation and extraction of botanical terpenes and other active ingredients from the raw flower.
Oils with higher saturated fat tend to absorb THC more efficiently. Coconut oil is about 90 percent saturated fat, and this fat content makes it a smart choice for cannaoil. This infusion step is long, requires constant attention, and smelly, but a home oil infuser is much more convenient and much less messy than traditional homemade methods.
Now it’s time to make our canna cookies!
Cannabis Oil Cookies Recipe
- Several mixing bowls
- A stirring spoon
- A baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1/2 cup cannabis-infused coconut oil soft or melted
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix together your infused coconut oil and sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips one small handful at a time while stirring.
- Make the dough into slightly flattened balls, place them on a cookie tray or plate, cover, and chill.
- Chill the cookie dough balls for at least 2 hours.
- Take the cookie dough balls out of the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let them cool for a few minutes after you remove the cookie tray from the oven.
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade