If you want to make quality edibles at home, you can’t simply toss the cannabis into the bread or batter. There are certain steps you must take to ensure quality and potency of your edibles. You have to activate the cannabis by decarboxylating or gently heating it. You can then add the decarbed weed into melted butter or milk and cook it, separate the plant matter from the butter, and add the cannabutter to your edible recipe.
This blueberry muffin recipe calls for two different ingredients infused with cannabis. This recipe requires ½ a cup of cannabutter and a ½ cup cannamilk. First, we will make the cannabutter and then make the rest of the recipe.
To make the cannabutter, take a few buds and break them into smaller pieces, putting them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put it into a 225-degree oven and bake the cannabis for 30 to 40 minutes until it turns golden brown. Infusing the decarbed cannabis requires breaking up the cannabis into smaller pieces and cooking half of it in a saucepan with a stick of butter (that’s ½ a cup), stirring regularly for 45 minutes. From here, you’ll need to strain the cannabis bits from the butter by pouring the mixture through a metal strainer and pressing the butter through, leaving the cannabis material.
Now to make the cannamilk, cook the other half of the cannabis into ½ cup of milk, allowing the milk to come to a simmer. When the cannamilk is done, be sure to remove the plant material from the milk as well by pouring it through a metal strainer to remove any cannabis bits. The THC will be infused in the butter and milk. Now, the cannabutter and cannamilk are ready to be added to the recipe.
If you’re not interested in making your own cannabutter from by hand, another great way to decarb the cannabis and infuse it with butter is to use an infusion machine like LĒVO ll. LĒVO ll will activate and infuse your cannabutter precisely and without any waste. To use LĒVO ll, place the marijuana into the Power Pod, press the activate button to decarb, and add butter when LĒVO ll tells you the cannabis is activated. LĒVO ll decarbs and infuses the cannabis precisely and without making a mess. The Power Pod and the infuser can even go into the dishwasher.
If making your own edibles at home is something you enjoy doing, investing in LĒVO ll will take your sweet and savory edible treats to the next level.
Cannabis Infused Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup milk or canna-milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- The cannabutter should be soft enough to readily combine with the dry ingredients. This will enable even distribution of the cannabutter in the batter. Put the room temperature cannabutter into a bowl, add the sugar, and combine the two together. Then add the eggs to the cannabutter and sugar, one at a time, mixing each with a fork. Add the vanilla extract to the liquid mix and stir until combined.
- Now, you’ll measure the dry ingredients of flour, salt, and baking powder in a second bowl and mix with a fork. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, then stir in the cannamilk.
- To give the muffins a good blueberry flavor, crush 1/2 cup of blueberries with a fork and mix them into the batter. Finally, add the remaining blueberries and fold them into the batter.
- Now you’re ready to pour your mixture into the tins. To start, smear cannabutter into the muffin tins. You can also use baking spray or cupcake liners. Begin filling each muffin tin with the batter. Fill about 3/4 full. You can also sprinkle each muffin top with sugar if desired for extra sweetness.
- Bake time will depend on the size of the muffins. The muffins are done when the top and sides turn a light golden color. Small muffins cook from 11-14 minutes. Large cook for 17-20 minutes.
- Once the muffins are done, remove and let them cool. For an extra touch of cannabutter, you can add some to melt into the tops of each warm muffin.
Then it is time to enjoy your warm, baked edibles!