Cake Pops have become increasingly popular in recent years, and who doesn’t love a bite-sized serving of cake that you can make in just about any flavor you like? These LĒVO-infused Cake Pops look delicious on the outside, but it’s really what’s inside that makes them really interesting.
The filling consists of infused butter added to a cake batter-frosting blend for enhanced taste and health benefits. The soft spongy cake on the inside contrasts with the crunchy chilled chocolate shell on the outside.
You can add your own decorations or additional flavors to the filling or the shell to truly make this recipe all your own.
Cannabis Cake Pop Recipe
- 15 oz Box of white cake mix
- Oil, water, and egg per box mix instructions (the oil can also be infused)
- 1 container Pre-made cake frosting
- Two 10 oz Packages of melting chocolate (milk, dark, white, etc.)
- 1/2 cup Infused butter
- Cake Pop sticks
- Optional: sprinkles, crushed nuts, candy, etc.
If you don’t want to bother with melting chocolate and then letting it harden, you can replace the chocolate shell with powdered sugar or shredded coconut.
Once the infused butter is ready, you can start to make cannabis cake pops.
- First, make the cake mix according to the directions on the package. For extra-potent cake-pops, the oil or butter in the recipe can also be infused. Pour the ingredients into a 9”×13" pan and bake following the recommended temperature and time.
- Remove the cake from the oven and remove any hard brown edges of the cake.
- Let it cool.
- Discard (or eat!) any crusty brown edges of the cake.
- Crumble the cake with both hands and allow the crumbs to fall into a large bowl.
- Add the infused butter and mix.
- Then add a few spoonfuls of frosting and combine. The mixture should hold together if squeezed. If the mix is still too crumbly, add a little more frosting at a time and mix.
- Then scoop out the mixture with a medium cookie scoop and roll into a ball. Repeat until you’ve used all of the mix.
- Stick a cake pop stick into the cake ball.
- Melt the chocolate. You can use a microwave or a double boiler.
- Dip the end of the cake pop stick into the melted chocolate and push that same end into the cake ball.
- Add decorations like sprinkles, nuts, or candy while the chocolate is still wet. Let the chocolate coating harden when decorating with chocolate drizzle before drizzling more chocolate on the shell. This will avoid melting the shell.
- Place them in the freezer to harden for about 20 minutes. Then place them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How Do I Prepare Infused Butter?
With a LĒVO in your kitchen, you can take care of drying, decarbing, AND infusing your terpene-rich botanicals to almost any butter or carrier oil of your choice. When it comes to home infusers, what can’t you do with a LĒVO?
These delicious, infused cake pops are decadent and make tracking your THC intake easy. You can adjust the cannabis-to-butter ratio, so each bite has your desired milligram amount of terpenes. This dessert can be adapted to include low or no sugar items, or you can make a gluten-free variation. The cannabutter offers herbs that boost flavor as well as your health.
Just imagine how photogenic these gems would be- share your creations with the world: @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag them as #LEVOmade
Contact Us for More Information about Home Infusion Machines
Please contact us if you want to know more about making infused desserts, savory entrees, and self-care products like lotions and lip balms. A Cannabutter Digest representative would be happy to answer your homemade infused cooking questions.
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary, Confectionery, And Craft Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
Other Recipes Worth Trying!