What about growing your own strawberries? If you were lucky enough to have a huge crop last summer and were smart enough to freeze some of your strawberries, you are going to be in for a doubly delightful treat.
If you don’t have a stash of fresh or frozen strawberries from your own garden, no need to stress. Strawberries, or any other fruit, from the local grocery store, will work just fine.
Do you want your jam to only contain CBD found in hemp, or will you be infusing it with psychoactive THC from cannabis flower? It depends on when you want to eat the jam. If you are going to put this on a piece of toast for breakfast, then go the CBD route. Your mind will be clear for an important day of work.
If you are relaxing after a long day, then using the THC version would be a good choice. This is an important delineation because you’ll want to know what type of butter you use in the recipe and how it will affect you.
Personally, I like to microdose my homemade strawberry cannabis jam on a piece of toast with a hot cup of coffee. The coffee gives me enough energy to stay awake, while the cannabis jam makes me relaxed as I plan my day.
Remember that you can make this infused jam with just about any fruit that is good for jam, not just strawberries. I tried it with fresh raspberries and the results were delightful. Once you master one type of fruit jam, you can start to branch out and make a variety of jams to find your favorite.
Just make sure you label the jars of your special jams- so you, or anyone else, don’t get them confused.
Cannabis Strawberry Jam Recipe
- 460 g fresh or frozen strawberries, finely chopped
- 150 g white sugar
- 118 ml infused cannabutter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Add the finely chopped strawberries, sugar, cannabutter, lemon juice, kosher salt, and stir to combine in a medium saucepan. Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula. Once the mixture bubbles up, reduce the heat down to low.
- Cook the mixture for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly until the jam is thick. To test if the jam is ready, I usually like to run my spatula along the bottom of the saucepan in a straight line.
- The jam is ready if it takes more than a second for the line to fill back up. I like to err on the side of caution and take the jam off almost too early. If it doesn’t set enough, you can always return it back to the heat. You can always add some more cannabutter to the jam to help thicken the jam up as well.
- Once ready, remove the jam from the heat and transfer it to a heat-proof container, or jar with a lid. Let the jam cool completely at room temperature with the lid off, then seal it up and transfer it to the fridge.
- Stored properly in an airtight container, this jam will last for up to one month in the fridge and up to six months in the freezer.
This jam is very versatile, adding a sweet and fruity element to countless meals and snacks.
Your homemade strawberry cannabis jam is perfect to use as a filling for stuffed french toast, spread onto some homemade cannabuttermilk biscuits, or even as a topping on waffles or pancakes.
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade