There are so many ways that CBD can be great for your dog’s (and your other pets’ health). CBDs are especially helpful with really rambunctious or high-anxiety canines. To help you navigate this journey, we’ve compiled a list of some of the leading treats on the market as well as shown you how you can make custom CBD dog treats using the LĒVO machine.
Before you share your love for your favorite plant’s properties with your beloved animals, there are some things you should know.
*Note: Please speak with your veterinarian before giving your dogs any treats. There might be a conflict with existing medications. Also, your vet may have some other valuable insights to share with you when it comes to any number of things, including milligram dosing, which has a lot to do with the size of your canine(s).
*Important: Please don’t give your dog your own edibles! It’s important to know that sharing your infused edibles with your dog could make them very sick. Not just from the THC, but also possibly from the carrier oil you’ve chosen to infuse your edibles with.
Human edibles usually contain way too much THC (the compound that gives activated cannabis its psychoactive effects) and could cause a whole number of problems for your family’s best friend. These effects could be but are not limited to; raised/lowered heart rates, incontinence, tremors, anxiety, and vomiting.
With this said, we know that most dogs do respond well to hemp CBD and that they can be helpful for everything from separation anxiety, to arthritis- and of course, we want to be their best friends too.
When you’re ready to move forward and believe your dog could truly benefit from CBD in their treats, here are 9 well-regarded dog snacks for you to consider. Our 10th is a simple, no-bake recipe that should be safe for most dogs, and save you some money too.
These treats are crafted with premium Colorado hemp. They come in 3 unique formulas, and 3 delicious flavors, and they’re infused with CBD & superfoods.
PremiumCare has a variety of quality products that can target a number of health concerns for dog owners.
These treats are gluten-free and formulated by veterinarians using natural and holistic ingredients that are gentle and effective.
Does your dog suffer from anxiety? Hemp Calming Support is holistically developed for dogs to help keep your pet calm and relaxed.
U.S. Grown, full-spectrum hemp, 100% organic dog treats.
This company’s CBD dog treats are made with real beef and chicken, along with top-notch cannabidiol to give your doggo the best treat quality possible.
No GMOs, gluten-free, 3rd-party tested and made with human-grade ingredients.
These hemp extract-infused chews are designed to help support your adult dog during allergy season.
All of these CBD pet products are made with non-GMO hemp, grown in the USA, powered by proprietary nanotechnology, and lab-tested to ensure purity and potency standards.
Are you ready to make your own super-simple CBD-infused dog treats for your family’s best friend? Read on!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it uses only a tablespoon of CBD-infused coconut oil – which is generally as good for humans as it is for dogs. With a countertop machine like the LĒVO II, making a batch of high-quality CBD oil is as simple as starting with CBD flower to infuse your organic virgin coconut oil. The LĒVO II allows you to infuse up to 19 oz(539g) of oil, while having complete control over your desired potency. By using our potency calculator, you can ensure your infusion meets the recommendations of your veterinarian.
We hope your dog pal loves these no-bake, peanut butter treats. We know your wallet will too!
Cannabutter Digest’s All-Natural CBD Infused Dog Treats
- 1 Cup of gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats gluten is not good for your dogs' tummy
- 1 ripened banana
- 2 tbsp all-natural or organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of organic honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp CBD infused coconut oil
- Begin by mashing the mixture all together
- Incorporate the organic honey. This is what will help the treats harden (similar to in a granola bar)
- Sprinkle in some chia seeds to help them stick together and give the treat a healthful texture
- Add in your CBD infused coconut oil
- Continue to mash all ingredients really well together – you may need to use your hands to get in there and make a completely thorough mixture.
- If the mixture seems just a bit too wet, you may just need to add a bit more oats.
- When you’re satisfied with the mix, roll them up into approximately 1” balls (smaller, if you’ve got a little pooch), and place them on a wax paper sheet, or plate to let them air and harden, or in the freezer if your dog can reach your kitchen counter.
- Then, if you like, you could move them into a plastic, lidded container to freeze and store for the long term.
- Once frozen, these can be a super-cool, relaxing treat on a hot afternoon after a visit to your local dog park. Now that’s a good day for a dog!