Bread-making is a favorite baking pastime that became even more popular during the pandemic.
Infusing ingredients with your LĒVO for your homemade bread recipe is an easy adaptation for added health benefits. Follow this recipe to make herb-infused butter to use in your Canna Bread recipe. You will be enjoying this Canna Bread piping hot- right out of the oven in no time!
Benefits of Canna Bread
Making homemade bread can save you money over time. Many people buy bread regularly for a variety of meals and recipes from sandwiches, french toast, turkey dressing, and more. You can even make additional loaves of bread and freeze them, so you have a constant supply on hand.
Nutritionists often discourage white bread as a choice because it is high in carbs. However, the infused butter in this recipe contains protein, nutrients, and antioxidants. The yeast supports immune and digestive health, and it is a good source of niacin, protein, and fiber. Some smart alternatives to white flour include whole wheat, bran, and gluten-free flour made from beans, almonds, or quinoa.
Benefits of Infused Butter
Infused butter will enhance the flavors of this dish and provide some therapeutic benefits. The terpenes contain compounds that are responsible for creating aroma and taste.
By choosing your favorite flower to decarb and infuse, you can create a butter that’s rich in myrcene, pinene, or beta-caryophyllene. Each terpene has a distinct profile. Cannabinoids work synergistically when heated or activated and even facilitate the absorption of other terpene compounds.
Decarboxylating Flower and Infusing Butter
You should activate and infuse butter to use in your recipe before you start to make the bread. You can prepare the infused butter to be used in the recipe on the same day you plan to bake or make the butter a day or two before. It’s especially easy and accurate to dry, decarb, and infuse your ingredients when using a LĒVO home infuser.
However, if you don’t have a LĒVO yet (and why not?) but still want to make this delicious household staple recipe, you can find those manual, old-school instructions here.
- 3 tbsp cannabis-infused butter
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tsp 2 tsp of active dry yeast
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dry fat-free milk
- 4 cups 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tsps sugar
Feel free to substitute some ingredients to suit your dietary needs. For example, you can use gluten-free flour and a sugar substitute.
- First, activate your yeast by placing it in 1 ½ cups of warm water with ⅛ tsp of sugar.
- Leave it for 10 minutes, and you should begin to see the yeast creating bubbles.
- Combine sugar, salt, dry milk, and flour into a mixing bowl.
- Make a hole in the center of the mixture, and pour in the yeasty water.
- Mix it all together again using your hands.
- Knead the dough for around 15 minutes until it becomes smooth. Add a pinch or two of flour if it is too damp, or add more flour or more water if it is too dry and firm.
- Put the dough back in the mixing bowl, and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Leave the bowl in a warm place to rise. It should double in size.
- Now, place your dough in a greased bread pan.
- Spread the cannabis butter over the top of the dough.
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit and bake the bread for 30 minutes.
- When the top is a nice crispy golden brown, remove the bread from the oven.
You can also use the batter to make rolls or mini loaves of bread. If you have additional infused butter, sauté some minced garlic, and spoon it on the top of the bread when there are only 5 minutes left of baking time.
You will want to use this super bread recipe for every meal! Just make sure to share what you’ve made with the world: @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it as #LEVOmade.
Contact Us for More Information about Home Infusion Machines
Please contact us if you want to know more about making infused bread and baked goods. A Cannabutter Digest representative would be happy to answer your questions about home infusing machines.
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary, Confectionery, And Craft Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade