Working from home takes a lot of discipline, never mind all the serious stretching required to keep from getting too stiff. We suggest taking breaks and making time for some good ol’ self care. Try this recipe for enjoying the intention of self-soothing our own bodies. Make your own soothing muscle rub for tired muscles by following our CBD salve recipe below.
Soothing CBD Salve
- 1-2 cups sunflower oil or olive oil
- 500 mg CBD isolate powder optional
- 2-3 tbsp of “Hots” mixture
- diced dried chilis habanero, and cayenne red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Arnica oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax or camellia
- 1/2 tbsp mango or shea butter
- 1-2 tsp of dried eucalyptus or 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 1-2 tsp dried lavender or 5 drops essential oil
- 5 drops turmeric oil
- Fill the LEVO Herb Pod with 2-3 tbsp of the “Hots” mixture. Next, if you like a scented salve, add in dried eucalyptus and/or lavender flowers to the Herb Pod as well.
- Add 1-2 cups of sunflower oil to the LEVO reservoir, making sure to fully submerge the herbs inside your herb pod with liquid.
- Set the Infuse cycle, to a temperature to 160-175°F and infuse for 1-2 hours. Do not dispense infusion just yet.
- Upon completion, remove the Herb Pod from the LEVO reservoir and add back in the optional CBD isolate, arnica, beeswax, and butters to the liquid. Begin a new Infuse cycle set to 125ºF for 10 minutes, allowing the rest of the ingredients to combine under heat.
- When completed, dispense the liquid salve into clean containers used to store the muscle rub. Set them to the side in a safe place to set and cool.
- Once hardened to a balm finish, rub on tight or sore muscles and enjoy!
As the year moves forward, take time to relax those muscles and regain that inner strength. Show us how you ritualize with #LEVOmade.