When you think of cannabis edibles, the first product you probably think of is pot brownies. Weed brownies are arguably the most well-known edibles in the realm of cannabis treats. Many cannabis connoisseurs prefer to make their own pot brownies from home, where they can control the ingredients going into their creations.
Below, we’ll briefly discuss the process of making weed brownies and how LĒVO II device can assist you in this endeavor.
What Are Weed Brownies?
Weed brownies contain marijuana, usually in the form of a cannabis-infused fat, like cannabutter. Cannabutter is essentially an infusion consisting of butter, ghee, coconut oil, or another non-dairy butter that has been infused with dried cannabis flower or trim.
Weed brownies are a very common type of edible. “Edible” is a broad term that comprises all cannabis-based food products. Edibles will typically contain THC (Delta-9) and CBD, the two main active ingredients in cannabis. In states where marijuana is now legal or decriminalized, weed brownies and other edibles have exploded in popularity.
How Long Does It Take to Make Weed Brownies from Start to Finish?
Making weed brownies typically takes a few hours from beginning to end. While a regular pan of brownies might take 30 to 45 minutes to bake, the process of preparing cannabutter for weed brownies can be much more involved. To successfully make cannabutter, you’ll need to dry, activate, and infuse decarbed weed herbs into a special butter that you then add to your weed brownies.
Weed Brownies from Trim
- Microwave Oven
- Cheesecloth or Muslin Bag
- Small Saucepan
- 1/8 ounce ground cannabis trim
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter or non-dairy butter
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened quality chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
If you have an aversion to the taste of cannabis we recommend throwing in some finely chopped mint leaves to offset the taste of marijuana trim.
Follow these steps to make a batch of delicious weed brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 245 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread your cannabis trim on a cookie sheet or non-stick pan. Place the cannabis trim in the oven for about 45 minutes, though you may need to adjust your time depending on how much cannabis you are using. Shake the pan once every ten minutes to ensure all the cannabis is decarbed.
- Melt butter in a small to medium pot over low heat. Once the butter has begun to melt, add your cannabis and allow the mixture to simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Using a cheesecloth or muslin bag, strain the cannabutter mixture into a container. Avoid squeezing the mix, which can strengthen the taste of cannabis.
- Preheat your oven again, this time to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a small saucepan on the stove. Add your cannabutter mixture to the chocolate once it has fully melted.
- Add in the vanilla, sugar, salt, and coconut oil until thoroughly combined. Fold in the eggs one at a time.
- Lastly, add the flour and stir until combined.
- Pour your brownie batter into a non-stick pan and place it in the oven. Allow the mixture to bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow brownies to cool.
Leftover brownies can be safely stored in your refrigerator. Remember: you likely won’t need a full brownie to achieve your desired effects. If you don’t feel a high right away, that’s normal. It often takes up to an hour or more to feel the effects of edibles. Give the brownies some time to kick in before you return for more.
How LĒVO II Could Help
LĒVO II is a first-of-its-kind infusion device that streamlines the process of drying, activating, and infusing cannabis products, including cannabutter, which is a necessary component for many cannabis products, including weed brownies.
In the past, cannabis users creating their own products would have to spend long hours drying, activating, and infusing their ingredients by hand. This process can quickly become messy, and cleanup can take up even more valuable time. Some cannabis users who don’t have the time or energy to concoct their own infusions would typically turn to store-bought cannabis products. But these products are often expensive and contain vague ingredients.
Enter LĒVO II. The first-generation LĒVO initially changed the game by automating every stage of the infusion process using proprietary technology. With a LĒVO device, you can create infusions for weed brownies at the touch of a button.
If you regularly create the same infusions, you can save your precise time and temperature preferences to the device for ease of use.
Included in every LĒVO II are several non-toxic components, including a reservoir, which holds oil for infusion, a silicone stirring stick, and a Power Pod, which can hold eight grams of cannabis at a time. LĒVO II components are dishwasher-safe, making cleanup a breeze.
Gone are the days when you had to choose between spending lengthy hours making your own infusions or purchasing pre-made cannabis products at your local dispensary. With LĒVO II, you can save time and money while controlling the ingredients that go into your cannabis creations.
If you are a cannabis user looking to streamline the process of making weed brownies, then LĒVO II is for you!