Chocolate-Dipped Peanut-Butter Cookies for a Chill Saturday Afternoon
Gluten-free and refined sugar-free cookies for a guilt-free high
Contributed by Hannah Bertiger, Hans Bananas
While fudge brownies are certainly classic edibles, I decided to step it up a notch for my virgin LEVO infusion. Starting with a jar of peanut butter and a (blue) dream, I made decadent chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookies that anyone can enjoy on a chill Saturday afternoon.
Peanut butter and chocolate are a great combination in general, but even more so when making flower treats, as they elegantly mask herbal flavors. My grandmother always stressed the importance of moderation, so I opted for one of my favorite hybrid strains, Blue Dream (THC: 24%, CBD: .2%). The popular strain offers a full-body relaxation, which is exactly what I’m looking for in order to rejuvenate after a long week of work.
Using my sleek black LEVO, I infused two finely ground grams into about 5 ounces of coconut oil to create a small batch of cookies for my housemates (we love using JeffThe420Chef’s free T-C calculator). I strongly recommend coconut oil for its delicate taste and its high saturation of fatty acids that offer a strong binding agent for efficient infusion. Since LEVO requires a minimum of 10 tbs (or 5 oz) to infuse, I put the unused oil aside for some special bulletproof coffee to accompany our cookies.
For novices, half a cookie should do the trick. For seasoned connoisseurs, go ahead and eat a whole one, you cookie monsters. (Of course, make sure, like I did, that you’re in a state where flower possession and consumption is kosher!)
Servings: 6 Infused Cookies
- 4 tablespoons of infused coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ⅔ cup oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips for melting
- Once you oil is ready, combine it with the coconut sugar. Stir together until the two form a thick mixture. Then fold in the vanilla and egg.
- Stir the peanut butter.
- Obligatory peanut butter spoon lick.
- Once fully combined, add in the oat flour, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour and 57 minutes until firm. (a.k.a. The exact runtime of Pineapple Express)
- Preheat your oven to 320 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop out six even dollops of dough. Flatten them out.
- Bake the cookies 20 minutes.
- Once golden brown, take the cookies out of the oven and allow to fully cool on the baking sheet.
- While the cookies are at the end of their cooling, take ⅔ cup of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips and melt in the microwave in 20 second increments. Stir between each session in the microwave.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, dip one half of the cookie in the chocolate.
- Place the cookie on a metal rack with a piece of parchment beneath it to allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Let the chocolate harden and enjoy! Promptly order pizza before it’s too late.
- To ensure freshness, keep cookies in the freezer if not consuming within 1-2 days.
About the Author:
Hannah Bertiger is a benefits coordinator at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country, where she focuses on employee engagement and wellness initiatives. She earned her Masters in Public Health from NYU and has worked with organizations such as Bloomberg, Edamam, and Cookbook Create. Follow her food adventures at hansbananas.com.