Whether you prefer creamy or crunchy, peanut butter is both a delicious treat and a great source of protein. Whether you like to enjoy your peanut butter on sandwiches, with your favorite fruit, or in a decadent dessert recipe… you can get even more out of your peanut butter by adding cannabis.
Making Cannabis Peanut Butter with a LĒVO Home Infusion Machine
The fastest way to make your own cannabis peanut butter is by using a LĒVO home infusion machine. Why spend hours activating and drying cannabis flower on your own when a LĒVO can take care of the entire infusion process for you? The LĒVO II and other LĒVO home infusion machines feature a patented technology that activates, decarbs, and infuses herbs like cannabis into oils, honey, butter, milk, and other fatty substances.
Instead of purchasing pre-made cannabis-infused products that contain unknown ingredients and unwanted preservatives and fillers, the LĒVO allows you greater control over the quality of ingredients you use in your infusions and streamlines the process of making your own cannabis recipes. While the LĒVO works on your infusion, you can focus on preparing your peanut butter and doing other tasks.
Manually decarbing and infusing your own herbs can also yield inconsistent results, whereas the LĒVO II is guaranteed to offer you a consistent infusion every time. You can even save your time and temperature preferences if you regularly make a specific infusion.
The LĒVO is also ridiculously easy to clean. Infusing cannabis by hand usually leaves a huge mess and can be a kitchen nightmare, but once your LĒVO completes its infusion cycle, you merely need to rinse each of the parts with soap and water or toss them in the dishwasher. It’s that simple.
To make cannabis peanut butter, you’re going to need cannabis oil. For peanut butter, it’s best to use liquid oil. Solid oils like coconut oil and butter become hard when left at room temperature, so we recommend using MCT oil or peanut oil. While other liquid oils, such as olive oil, will work for the purposes of this recipe, they can skew the taste of the final product. Just be conscious of the type of oil you are using and whether it might affect the taste of the peanut butter in a way that you don’t like. Neutral oils are best. In our recipe, we will be using MCT oil.
Once you have decided on an oil, all you have to do is determine the correct time and temperature settings using LĒVO’s calculator and input those settings into your LĒVO device. For MCT oil, you’ll need to set the temperature at 185-200°F and allow the oil to infuse for 2.5+ hours. If you enjoy the recipe and plan to make it periodically, you can save your preferences in your LĒVO machine.
All LĒVO home infusion machines come with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty. If you’re a cannabis enthusiast who regularly makes your own infusions, we think you’ll be thrilled with your purchase and make LĒVO a new counter staple. Time is money and you can save both by turning to LĒVO and avoiding the long, laborious process of manually infusing your own herbs. Using the LĒVO II or another LĒVO machine to infuse cannabis flower is the quickest and most efficient way to create your own THC peanut butter and other cannabis treats.
Although the LĒVO II is the most popular model for personal use, the LĒVO C is perfect for business owners who require an infusion machine with greater capacity. The LĒVO C’s basin has a capacity of up to one liter, making it ideal for commercial use. If you’re feeling fancy, the LĒVO Lux is the most elegant LĒVO on the market with a metal facade that comes in black steel, stainless steel, copper, and gold.
Prior to making your cannabis-infused peanut butter, you’ll need to prepare your own cannaoil. Follow these simple instructions to make the perfect cannabis oil for your infused peanut butter.
- Place cannabis flower into your LĒVO II Power Pod. Although you don’t need to grind your herbs, you can do so as long as you don’t grind them too finely. Coarsely-ground herbs are better for infusions. That way, no herbs leak from the Power Pod into the infusion. Note that if you’re using the LEVO Lux, you’ll want to ensure you’re using LEVO Lux’s designated Power Pod
- Place the Power Pod in the reservoir.
- Choose the Activate Cycle and press play.
- When the Activate Cycle is complete, open the reservoir.
- Insert magnetic stirrer in place.
- Fill the reservoir with your choice of oil until the herb pod is fully submerged (up to two cups).
- Choose the Infuse Cycle.
- If you are using MCT oil, set the temperature to 185-200°F.
- Infuse for at least 2.5 hours.
- Use the LĒVO herb press to squeeze any remaining cannabis from the flower into the infusion.
- Store the infusion in an airtight container until you are ready to use it. It can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Cannabis Peanut Butter Recipe
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cannabis oil
Dry roasted peanuts:
- To make your own peanut butter, you must have whole peanuts. While you can purchase store-bought peanut butter and infuse it with cannabis oil, some peanut butters contain unhealthy additives like hydrogenated oils. If your goal is to make healthy, natural peanut butter, all you need is dry roasted peanuts.
- For this recipe, we will be infusing MCT oil with cannabis, though you can use any other liquid oil you prefer.
- Pour dry roasted peanuts into a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will also work. Pulse for 30 seconds. Repeat at intervals until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Once the peanut butter is mostly smooth, you can add the cannabis oil. Mix until combined.
- Store in a sealed container such as a mason jar. Separation is normal with natural peanut butter, so you may need to give it a stir before using it. The peanut butter should be stored in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for two to four weeks.
If you enjoy this cannabis peanut butter recipe, be sure to check out LĒVO’s edible mixes. These mixes can be used to make gummy worms, brownies, cookies, and other treats.