This vegetarian take on traditional Thanksgiving gravy is not only Turkey-free, but nutritious. Get in your daily recommended vitamins, minerals, and . . . CBD. Try our CBD mushroom gravy recipe!
|Category||Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Author|
|Sauce||1 serving||2 hours 5 minutes||20||Erin Wills of @mother_indica|
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable stock, preferably homemade
- 2 tbsp LEVO herb-infused ghee
- 1 tbsp miso paste (optional)
- 1 tsp coconut aminos, more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pack your LEVO herb pod with rosemary, thyme, and hemp flower. (Make sure to Activate beforehand if using LEVO II!)
- Add ghee to the reservoir and set to Infuse for 200F for 2.5 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms
- cook, stirring often until well browned
- about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slowly sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring often until golden brown
- 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in vegetable stock until a smooth sauce forms. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- Season with miso, LEVO herb-infused ghee, coconut aminos, salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve as is, or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.