Chicken Pot Pie is one of the greatest comfort foods on a cold night or if you need something that reminds you of your grandmother’s kitchen.
This recipe is as delicious as grandma’s famous dish, but with an extra twist. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made with cannabis-infused butter. So before you ask for your grandmother’s opinion, make sure you let her know what’s in it- she’ll probably give you that sly grandma smile before taking her first bite.
If you’re familiar with making your own edibles and cooking with cannabis at home, you might be a pro at making your own infused butter the hard way.
But lucky for you, your new LĒVO infusion machine just arrived, and you’re ready to try it out. This machine will take your decarb and infusion experience to the next level by making infused butter and oils that much easier, exacting, and virtually mess-free- as all of the parts are dishwasher safe!
You’ll need to make about one cup of infused butter from your machine for this recipe. You won’t use it all in the pot pie. This means you’ll have some left to make dessert items, butter your toast, or bake into cannabutter brownies.
Make sure you label and store the rest of your infused butter in the refrigerator for another meal. It’s always a good item to have on hand for all of your special cooking needs.
Marijuana Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 8 tbsp infused cannabutter
- 1/2 c. finely diced onion
- 1/2 c. finely diced carrot
- 1/2 c. finely diced celery
- 3 c. shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed
- Splash of white wine (optional)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh thyme to taste
- 1/4 c. half-and-half or cream
- 1 whole unbaked pie crust
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 191°C.
- Melt plainthe cannabis infused butter in a large pot over medium-high heat, then add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir them around until the onions turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken or turkey and then sprinkle the flour over the top. Stir until it’s all combined with the turkey and vegetables. Cook for 1 minute, then pour in the chicken broth and infused butter (and wine, if you choose to include it), stir the mixture around, and let it cook and thicken.
- Once it thickens, add turmeric, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add the half-and-half or cream, then stir the mixture and let it bubble up and thicken, about 3 minutes. If it seems overly thick, splash in a little more broth. You could also melt in a little more cannabutter. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the filling into a 1,9 L baking dish. Roll out the pie crust on a floured surface and lay it over the top of the dish. Press the dough so that the edges stick to the outside of the pan. Use a knife to cut little vents here and there into the dough’s surface.
- Mix the egg with 2 tablespoons of water and brush it all over the surface of the crust.
- Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the crust is deep golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cover the crust lightly with foil for the first 15 minutes of baking time to prevent the crust from getting too brown.
- Enjoy this rich and comforting dish with family and friends.
This Chicken Pot Pie should be flakey on the outside and meaty in the middle. You will enjoy the gravy, which has the highest proportion of butter. Be careful that you don’t eat too much butter while eating this recipe. 8 tablespoons of infused butter will be enough for an entire party to feel the effects of your infused meal.
My grandma was an expert on putting just about the right amount of love into her Chicken Pot Pies. If you make this recipe with as much love as she had, it will turn out fantastic. Invite your friends over on a cold rainy night to enjoy this rich and inviting meal. Between the comfort of this dish with the addition of infused butter, you and your friends will feel cozy and warm sharing this pie in your kitchen.
Pies, Muffins, Cookies, Fudges, Honey, Face Masks- Even Bath Balls And Hand Sanitizer, What Can’t You Make With The LĒVO II?
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade