Many consider sushi a perfect meal. The varieties and combinations are almost limitless, with a roll for every craving and preference.
Now, imagine this already delicious meal taken to the next level by using infused oil in the recipe. In fact, nori is a flavor that pairs really well with infused oil. With each bite, your sushi will keep getting better and better.
I am definitely an infused sushi addict, but is there a better thing to be addicted to? Sushi provides great general nutrition, and when I make a cannabis-infused version, I get the anti-inflammatory and anti-pain influences of the cannabinoids. I am 60 years old, and I have never felt better in my life.
Now that you’re inspired by the idea of creating an infused sushi, I bet you’d like to know how to make your own at home. This recipe does call for a cannabis-infused carrier oil- just like any you could make with a LĒVO machine like LĒVO II or LĒVO C.the LĒVO II.
For this recipe, we’d suggest a lovely infused coconut olive oil. Maybe you’d like to try something different? Maybe you’d like to try this with a sesame oil-based dip? Why not? That’s one of the best advantages of using LĒVO machines- the limits are only those of your imagination and palate.
First, gather all the ingredients mentioned below, and let’s get ready to roll!
Cannabis Sushi Recipe
- 300 g or 1.5 cups sushi rice
- 100 ml or 0.25 cups rice wine vinegar
- Whole cucumber
- Smoked salmon
- Red bell pepper
- Diced avocado
- Spring onion
- Nori sheets
- Your favorite LĒVO infused oil
- Lay a nori sheet onto your sushi mat with the shiny side facing down. Dip your fingers in the rice vinegar and press the rice down into a layer around 1cm or ½ inch in thickness. Leave the furthest edge of the nori wrap uncovered (you will use this to seal the roll later).
- Pour a layer of infused oil across the rice.
- Now, chop the cucumber and bell pepper into thin, long strips. Chop the spring onion into fine slices and finely dice up the avocado. Top the infused oil rice with the sliced vegetables.
- Slice up the smoked salmon into thin strips and place it with the vegetables.
- Now it’s time to roll! Lift the edge of the mat over the rice and roll. Keep a slight pressure to make sure the roll is nice and tight.
- Stop rolling before you reach the empty part of the nori wrap. Add a little water to help it stick, then complete the roll.
- Wrap the roll in cling film to keep it together. Use a sharp knife to slice up the roll, then remove the cling film.
- Serve on a special sushi serving plate. Provide small dipping bowls for soy sauce, spicy mayo, or wasabi.
How to Enjoy your Cannabis-Infused Sushi Roll
I like to get a little more infused oil and mix it with my wasabi. The infused oil also goes well with soy sauce or spicy mayo. I can eat about three pieces of sushi before I stop to let the effects kick in.
However, three pieces of sushi are just enough to make the perfect serving portion. I’ve learned not to overstuff myself with this type of sushi as I used to in the past.
Hands down, the best beverage to enjoy your infused sushi is sake. Get a bottle from the liquor store and remember to serve it warm if it’s filtered, and cold if it’s unfiltered. Once you have your sushi ready, dipping sauces made, and sake warmed, you’re ready for a great, relaxing night.
Once you master your LĒVO II or LĒVO C oil infusions and make one type of sushi roll, you can venture out into a whole world of different recipes with new ingredients. Not only will these infused sushi rolls relax you, but you’ll get a variety of health benefits as well as pain relief and anti-inflammatory properties too. Let’s get to (sushi) rolling!
Isn’t it time to expand your repertoire of culinary arts into the world of home infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade