Wouldn’t you love to ward off a cold or lessen the symptoms of a sore throat with the ultimate cough drop? Homemade CBD LĒVO-infused cough drops can soothe and protect your throat whether you’re battling allergies or fighting off a cold.
You can add essential oils or herbs that are known for soothing an irritated throat and opening congested breathing pathways. For example, you can add one or two drops of eucalyptus oil for relief from constant coughing or add lemon essential oil with the terpenes to help with aching muscles.
What Are the Benefits of Infused Cough Drops?
An infused cough drop can contain antioxidants and nutrients that can be especially beneficial when you need an immune boost.
The CBD-infused honey contains compounds that fight free radicals and act as anti-inflammatory agents. Honey is full of antioxidants that fight illness, and it offers relief from irritation and coughing. Certain terpenes are particularly helpful for these cough drops. The terpene limonene is a powerful immune stimulant, and pinene helps respiratory problems.
The additional essential oils offer more immune support and relief from respiratory irritations. Chamomile is good for soothing irritated skin and treating mouth sores. Elderberries are high in Vitamin C and other vitamins, and they are good for boosting the immune system.
Marshmallow root is good for reducing inflammation and treating a dry cough. Marshmallow root forms a protective layer on the skin and digestive tract. Slippery elm is used to treat coughs and sore throats.
This recipe is full of ingredients that will manage a bothersome cough, alleviate a painful sore throat, and stimulate your immune system.
Infused Cough Drop Recipe
- A candy thermometer to make sure you are not overheating the candy
- A large saucepan
- Candy molds (silicone)
- A whisk
- A large bowl
- measuring spoons
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile loose/finely ground herb
- 2 tablespoons of elderberries
- 1 tablespoon of marshmallow root
- 1 tablespoon of slippery elm herb
- 1/2 cup CBD-infused honey
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the herbs and water
- Let it come to a boil and slowly stir.
- Once the mixture reaches 250°F, stop stirring and let it warm to 305°F. Keep a close eye on the mixture because the temperature increases very quickly, and you don’t want to overheat the mixture.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Add CBD-infused honey.
- Stir and pour into candy molds.
- Let the CBD cough drops cool down and harden before removing them from the mold.
- If you do not have candy molds, you can cut the mixture while it is cooling but not too hot. Cut the mixture by making cuts in the pattern of a grid. The pieces should be about 1 inch or less in size.
- Store the cough drops in an airtight sealed container. If you store them in the refrigerator, they will last for several months.
Decarbing Your Flower and Infusing Honey
Decarboxylation involves heating raw flower so that terpenes are more easily absorbable. Terpenes become active at 220° Fahrenheit, and it causes the release of carbon dioxide and the formation of new molecular structures.
If you don’t have a LĒVO yet (and why not?) but still want to make this healthful, botanical recipe, you can find the old fashioned, manual, oven and stovetop instructions here.
A LĒVO home infusion machine is essential if you plan to make CBD-infused lotions, lip balms and so much more- at any level of frequency. LĒVO home infusers allow you to control the most effective heat and duration for specific terpene and botanical profiles.
Contact Us for More Information about Home Infusion Machines
Reach out to us if you want to know more about making infused cough drops, lotions, salves, and more. A Cannabutter Digest representative would be happy to answer your homemade infused cooking questions.
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary, Confectionery, And Craft Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade